There are interesting places around Sorano that worth visiting.
List of places in distance order:
- Sovana: 6 km
- At Sovana, listed among the most beautiful villages in Italy, you can also visit the Etruscan necropolis.
- Pitigliano: 7 km
- Dramatically situated Pitigliano is one of the loveliest villages in southern Tuscany.
- Saturnia: 17 km
- The hot springs and series of waterfalls at Saturnia make it a very popular natural highlight in Tuscany.
- Orvieto: 32 km
- Famous for its 13th century cathedral, Orvieto also has other interesting monuments to discover.
- Tuscania: 32 km
- The medieval walls and two basilicas are among the principal sights of interest in Tuscania.
- Citta Della Pieve: 38 km
- The town of Citta della Pieve is best known for its many artworks by the renaissance artist Perugino
Another local place of interest is just a few kilometres east of Sorano at San Quirico where you can see a large number of etruscan tombs at Rupestre di Vitozza.